Code section 50-18-71(a), the Georgia Open Records Act, provides “All public records shall be open for personal inspection and copying, except those which by order of a court of this state or by law are specifically exempt from disclosure.”
Please note the Board CANNOT produce any records pertaining to the following:
- Investigative records, which may include complaints if any (O.C.G.A. §§ 43-1-19(h)(2), 43-34-8(d) and 50-18-72(a)(4))
- Deliberations of the Board on any confidential matter (O.C.G.A. § 43-34-7(4))
- Medical records and similar files (O.C.G.A. § 50-18-72(a)(2))
- Medical records involving a licensee (O.C.G.A. §§ 43-34-9(a)(13) and 43-34-5.1)
- Application files (O.C.G.A. §§ 43-1-2(k) and 43-34-7)
- Attorney-client privilege or attorney work product (O.C.G.A. §§ 50-18-72(a)(41) and (42))
- Pertinent records on death reporting (O.C.G.A. § 43-34-290)
- Any documents specifically exempt from disclosure by order of a court of this state or by law
The Board declines to produce confidential records, to the extent that the records even exist.
However, a wealth of public information can be found on our licensee search page, which includes license number, license status, license expiration date, and practice location address for each licensee. Also, the licensee search page links to Board orders (if any) and the physician profile.
Please send open records requests to: