What complaints DO NOT fall within the Board's jurisdiction?

Rudeness complaints.

There is no law that requires a doctor to be polite, considerate or courteous to his or her patients. So, generally speaking, there is nothing the Medical Board can do about a rude doctor. You should, however, talk to the doctor about being treated rudely by staff or the doctor. If your doctor does not address your concerns, seek medical care from another physician.

Complaints against doctors who are not M.D.'s or D.O's and complaints regarding other health care providers or hospitals. Such complaints should be directed to the appropriate state licensing agency.

Insurance billing complaints should be referred to the Office of Insurance Commissioner.

Workers Compensation complaints should be referred to the State Board of Workers Compensation.